Thursday, September 12, 2013

Fiction is Another World of Mine

Writing is about actualizing an imagination out to the world.

I love the feeling when I spread out my imaginations. They struggle inside my head. They play with my mind. They build their world, become my world then. I find so much more to come when I'm writing, like words attacking me to write them down. 

Writing is also a way to escape from reality. I can make another story, a reality that I want. Yeah, writing sometimes could be a justification of all the wrong. I fix what cannot be fixed in the past through writing. It also helps me to speak. A line of words can speak up what I want to speak, something on my mind. Since I’m not a good person in speaking directly. Sometimes, honesty can be hurt. So writing helps me refine the meaning.

Writing is addicting too. Once I write, I want to write again and again. But when I stop, I feel something is lost. Yeah, I'm enjoying my world when I'm writing. I have my dreams in my words. I have my miracle on it too. It's like I can talk to another me with my words. We have a great time and adventures together.

And like I said before, writing is about actualizing an imagination out to the world. It's about how the writer could make it a reality for the readers. Not only in connotation way, but I mean it. Writing could make something out of logic happened. And it did happen to me.
Once someone said, perhaps sounds like "We never know that, perhaps, in another place, dimension, or another life, there happen story that we write. With the same characters and places. Human's mind is much mysterious than we thought. Universe has its system to work on a human's mind". And I believe it, that what we think, we write…could be happened.

Let me tell you a story about fiction that become reality :
Once, I have written a story about someone who loves rain and ice cream. She has a lovely family. And one day, she lost her father. She feels so lost, but rather than drown too deep more, she tries to move on. Instead of losing her father’s figure, she found another man who has the exact gesture of her father. She found her father on him with some differences of course. But the presence of him is to remind her of her father so much. She calls him The Man with Soft Palms. As my imagination pumping out words, they have such a sweet love story, though, in the real world, there is not much who has a good love story like in romance film or novel. Yeah, I have my reality when I’m writing. But in the end, I realize little by little, that what I write is becoming a reality. It’s like I write my life path. I found that I lost my father too after I write about it. But then a man who has a piece of my father came to my life. He has soft palms and long fingers that I love. Just like what I write. It is no longer fiction since I can touch it. I can feel him near. I even can smell the presence of him.

I love this quote from a film titled Ruby Sparks that I just watched, "It was once said of Catcher in the Rye: ‘that rare miracle of fiction has again come to pass. A human being has been created out of ink, paper, and imagination’."
Yes, this is it. It happened to me. It became a reality.
This…the power of writing; the power of imagination.

It could happen to whoever believes in their imagination. Their dreams.
I find ‘forever’ is not exist in the real world. Only in fiction that I read. If ‘forever’ does exist in fiction, then I’ll create my fiction world. I will crystallize all the people that I love, make a good story for each of them that end with ‘happily ever after’.

Perhaps some of the joy from it could be happened again and become another reality of mine? Just a wish. Another wish. Thank God, He gives me such a great mind to imagine what I write. If there is any reality that could happen from fiction, I know, it’s not human’s creation. It’s from Him. He guides people to write, to find their imagination, and in another place, another time…but He already makes it a reality. Yes, It always Him behind us. We are not alone. Even in our imagination world.

And the last, another quote to finish my post :
One may read this and think it’s magic but falling in love is an act of magic. So is writing.
-Calvin Weir-Fields

My life is a fiction. One of the other great fiction that He creates. Yes, Allah is the greatest writer. He makes all the impossible possible, just like fiction of mine.

2013
Insan Kamalia R.
I am no JD Salinger but I have witnessed a rare miracle. Any writer can attest in the luckiest, happiest state; the words are not coming from you, but through you .-Calvin Weir-Fields-



No comments:

Post a Comment